Welcome to Mersey Modified
The only home for all types of motor enthusiasts in Merseyside and the surrounding areas.
Welcoming Classic, American and Modified, motors. As well as motorcycles and scooters.
Please take the time to register with our site and introduce yourself in the 'Newbies' section.
We only ask that you respect other members, keep your posts non-confrontational, positive and try to keep any personal issues off the forum.

Many Thanks
Mersey Modified Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Mersey Modified
The only home for all types of motor enthusiasts in Merseyside and the surrounding areas.
Welcoming Classic, American and Modified, motors. As well as motorcycles and scooters.
Please take the time to register with our site and introduce yourself in the 'Newbies' section.
We only ask that you respect other members, keep your posts non-confrontational, positive and try to keep any personal issues off the forum.

Many Thanks
Mersey Modified Staff

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saxo 1.0 Spree 4 Low Mileage

peterabbott33
    peterabbott33

Saxo 1.0 Spree 4 Low Mileage Empty Saxo 1.0 Spree 4 Low Mileage

Post  peterabbott33 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Just testing the water here as im looking for something different. i want to see if theres much interest in my 1.0 saxo spree 4. pictures and spec below:

1999 T reg Citroen Saxo Spree 4 1.0
    68,000 miles
    MOT December 2010, TAX June 2010
    plenty of parts history
    new angel eye headlights
    tinted rear lights
    shortened aerial
    carbon fibre look m3 mirrors 2 months ago (perfect cond, cost £65)
    raised bonnet for strut brace
    colour coded bumpers
    LED washer mist jets
    rear spoiler
    recond. heater blower
    Alarm system
    3 stud gold alloys in good condition with 4 nearly new tyres (one wheel has a tiny bit of kerbing, not that noticeable)
    painted calipers & engine rocker cover
    scorpion stainless back box (nice note, not too loud)
    OMP upper strut brace
    lowered 40mm on the front (done 2 weeks ago with new springs, top mounts and bearings)
    new head gasket & cambelt & idler (done around 1500 miles ago)
    new thermostat less than 500 miles ago
    new N/S wishbone
    new CV boots and clips
    new driveshaft oil seals
    renewed gearbox oil
    new clutch (2000 miles ago)
    brand new anti-roll bar brackets/ mounts to come with car ready for fitting, genuine citroen
    CitroenSport alloy fuel cap
    CD/MP3/USB/AUX/SD player
    American Pro amp
    2 x Kenwood 10'' subs in carpeted box, all wired up, sounds great
    leather look seat covers (dont look half bad actually, quite comfy)
    sport gear knob, leather gaiter & chrome surround
    Ripspeed pedals
    Blue flocked dash surround
    white dials with blue LED prism bulbs
    Aero wipers & newly painted wiper arms front and back
    new discs & pads on the front (around 3000 miles ago)

the pics show plain black M3 mirrors but the car comes with Carbon M3 ones fitted, much better looking and more expensive

spent lots and lots of money on this getting it to be a good looking, respectable small car and only looking for a portion of whats been spent. all labour has been done by myself but i have got almost every invoice for every part fitted.

Drives very well, knocking coming from the passenger side brake disc as when they were fitted (by a garage) they broke the small grub screw that stops the disc from knocking against the wheel bolts. easy fix for someone, just havent got around to doing it and perfectly usable as is, and anyone who's already had a saxo gets used to knocking noises anyway lol . i can include a new grub screw for the buyer as i bought some new HT stainless ones, just need to drill the old one out and pop the new one in.

also has an occasional squeaky gear change (quite common), just needs the links greasing, easy cheap job, only costs a bit of grease

has been and still is a great daily driver, not perfect by any means but practical and fun nonetheless. a few chips and small scratches, also has a small dent on the driver wing, done by last owner but is not that bad and the paint is fine, just needs tapping out if youre really picky.

this is perfect for a new driver who wants in on the saxo scene without the hefty premiums of a VTR/S.

im after £1000 ovno for this, i've done all of the oily work which wont need to be done for a long time now, has also had a service around 2000 miles ago.

any questions or serious offers, please PM me Smile
    Cheers, Pete

Saxo 1.0 Spree 4 Low Mileage Merseymodified011
    Saxo 1.0 Spree 4 Low Mileage Merseymodified004
    Saxo 1.0 Spree 4 Low Mileage IMAG0154
    Saxo 1.0 Spree 4 Low Mileage IMAG0152
    Saxo 1.0 Spree 4 Low Mileage IMAG0151
    Saxo 1.0 Spree 4 Low Mileage IMAG0148
    Saxo 1.0 Spree 4 Low Mileage IMAG0145
    Saxo 1.0 Spree 4 Low Mileage IMAG0118

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm