Welcome to Mersey Modified
The only home for all types of motor enthusiasts in Merseyside and the surrounding areas.
Welcoming Classic, American and Modified, motors. As well as motorcycles and scooters.
Please take the time to register with our site and introduce yourself in the 'Newbies' section.
We only ask that you respect other members, keep your posts non-confrontational, positive and try to keep any personal issues off the forum.

Many Thanks
Mersey Modified Staff

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Mersey Modified
The only home for all types of motor enthusiasts in Merseyside and the surrounding areas.
Welcoming Classic, American and Modified, motors. As well as motorcycles and scooters.
Please take the time to register with our site and introduce yourself in the 'Newbies' section.
We only ask that you respect other members, keep your posts non-confrontational, positive and try to keep any personal issues off the forum.

Many Thanks
Mersey Modified Staff

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Cheap sub and amp package!

peterabbott33
    peterabbott33

Cheap sub and amp package! Empty Cheap sub and amp package!

Post  peterabbott33 Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:14 am

I have a twin sub box carpeted for sale, with 2 10'' Kenwood subs in and a chrome American Pro amp mounted on top, complete with power cables and Autoleads rca cables. it sounded great in my saxo when i had it, but its gotta go now as im in desperate need for some cash and further down the line i want something a bit smaller i think. only want £60 for the lot collected!!

Cheap sub and amp package! IMAG0279
    H5 STN
    H5 STN

Cheap sub and amp package! Empty Re: Cheap sub and amp package!

Post  H5 STN Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:52 am

Can you get the length and height of the box and how much watt it puts out please mate
    peterabbott33
    peterabbott33

Post  peterabbott33 Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:54 pm

its about 14 inches tall by about 35 inches wide mate, it will easily fit in your astra as i had it in the boot of my saxo with room to spare, not sure on the specs as i didnt buy it new but the amp is 600w i think, and some information on the subs is below (not that i myself understand it lol).

''The KFC-W2503 seems to fit that description pretty well and it doesn’t look like a wallet buster. It does have its limits, but the woofer is quite graceful once the limits are reached or even exceeded. Don’t get the idea that it’s indestructible, but I’ll be the first to admit to driving the devil out of this thing and I never heard a snap crackle or pop. I didn’t notice the 130-watt “RMS” power rating until well after our objective tests. This thing survived a sine wave sweep in excess of twice its power rating without ill effect — there’s definitely something to say about that.''

''Impedance measurements for this system show a maximum of 43 ohms at 60 Hz and a minimum of 3.7 ohms at 20 Hz. Average impedance measured 8 ohms. Out-of-car measurements show a slight rise in response below 100 Hz, followed by a 12 dB-per-octave roll-off below system resonance. In-car measurements show an overall response that fits within a window of about 5 dB and a 1-watt sensitivity that averages 93.8 dB between 10 Hz and 50 Hz. The system exhibited about 3 dB of power compression on the 100-watt in-car sweep and a maximum of about 6 dB at 300 watts. Maximum SPL at 300 watts measured 119 dB at 58 Hz.''

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am